Saturday, September 7, 2013

Restaurants: Sushi and Ramen

I went to a sushi restaurant again. I didn't get good pictures from afar, but here are these








If you don't see what you want to eat pass by, you can order it on the menu on the TV screen at your table and it will arrive on this train




It's a fun way to eat.


I also went to this ramen restaurant recently.


You pick your food and pay here on this machine to receive meal tickets


This restaurant is designed differently because it's designed for eating alone. Everyone has their own private cubicle area to eat in



There were seats for six people in our room in the restaurant. It was a small, closed-off space






The walls dividing people on the sides can be folded back


You don't even see the people who serve you your food. It's rather impersonal. You just notice their hands and hear their voices now and then. I guess it could be considered a bit creepy. It's kind of weird I suppose, but I also find it interesting





I've never been to a restaurant like this before and I find it unique.
I'd also like to point out that most restaurants in Japan are not set up like this.

It also strikes me as the complete opposite of Korean dining, where the whole table often shares food and eats from the same big bowl or dish. It's much more communal than anything I grew up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment