Monday, September 16, 2013

Nara: There Was An Attempt

Today is Monday but exchange students don't have class today, so my friends and I had plans to go to Nara. Well, this didn't work out. We didn't get to Nara. In fact, we didn't get further than three stations away from Hirakata City train station.
After three stops, everyone had to exit the train. No more trains came. Remember how I mentioned that it was raining a lot? It's because of another typhoon. Although the weather seemed fine today, public transportation was disrupted.
I fell asleep around 3 AM. I heard it storming all night. It was raining a lot for hours, and it was windy as well. It was noisy.
Today, however, the weather was fine where I was. It didn't even rain. It became sunny in the afternoon and for once it wasn't terribly humid.

Our short trip ended here


then we got an email from the university (a little late...)




people hanging around, waiting


Instead of going to Nara, we went to a mall next to the train station


There are many cute things in Japan, including cute pencil cases. Here are just a few examples


My favorite Japanese magazine :)


omurice


I need new shoes. Luckily I was able to buy some today!


these will make me taller ^^




We'll try to go to Nara another time.

1 comment:

  1. Schöne Schuhe - doch die rechten werden doch auch gleich durchnässt?

    ReplyDelete