Friday, September 6, 2013

First Week of Classes

Classes started on Monday. Here are course descriptions. I like that they're detailed and informative, and even include assignments and grading. It's great!

This is my schedule


My schedule kind of sucks but surprisingly I got into every class I wanted!

I don't know what business or marketing is, but my marketing class has been good so far. It's primarily about culture. It's convenient too, because we're all studying abroad and one thing about studying abroad, aside from spending time in a foreign country, is that your classroom gets a whole lot more international. You have people from much more diverse backgrounds in terms of nationality, language, and culture.
Also, my teacher spent years doing business stuff in the Asia Pacific Region, but for the most part in Japan and a little bit in Korea. That's also great for me because I focus on Japan and Korea. He said he learned the hard way that there's a big difference between Japanese and Korean culture. There's more I could go into but I'm not sure how to convey it. Anyway, this class is interesting so far.

I like my Japanese language class as well. My class has about 11 students. The teacher is friendly. We've done review this week so it's been easy. It's fun!

I don't know how the magical girl class is because the teacher didn't show up on Tuesday. After a half an hour after the time class was scheduled to start, a person from the Asian Studies Program finally found out what's wrong. Our teacher didn't come to class because she was at a conference abroad. She has two schedules so that's probably the cause of confusion. I have that class this afternoon.

I'm also excited for my other class. I'm familiar with these topics when it comes to South Korea, but there is a lot I can learn when it comes to Japan. Sometimes I only realize how much I know about South Korea when I realize I feel blind on the topic when it comes to another country.


The pictures I have don't show the campus at all. Just two new buildings and parts of the bookstore.
Buildings 6 and 7 are brand new and they look similar. They even smell noticeably new when you're inside. They're made out of glass.















Some exchange students have run into problems with the sliding doors. They don't realize they're sliding doors, so they can't open them because they try to push or pull.

Random pictures from the bookstore on campus. It'd be cool if some of these things were on sale in the bookstores at home...





Right now I'm happy about classes, but I'm not looking forward to the workload.

Sorry about my writing. Like I said, I feel rushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment