Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tokyo Dome

Today I visited Tokyo Dome! I only know about it because it is sometimes used for concerts.
Tokyo Dome can seat 55,000 people. Around here you can find Tokyo Dome City, which is full of shopping and entertainment. This includes an amusement park! I went on the roller coaster.





It turns out that the J-Pop group Perfume is holding concerts here today and tomorrow. I walked by the merchandise stands and saw fans everywhere












Tokyo Dome City


I rode the roller coaster! It was fun. I think it goes rather fast and we're high up. We went up above Tokyo Dome and got a good view of Tokyo. We even saw Skytree. My friend and I ended up at the very front of the roller coaster. We were first. The wind whipped into our faces. Before the roller coaster took off, a staff member pointed out my hair clip and asked me to remove it. I thought it was unnecessary and overly cautious, but after the ride I realized that it had been a good idea to remove it.
The first slope is the biggest. It looks normal but it's totally different when you're riding the roller coaster! It doesn't just go up and then slope on down and out. On the way down after the top, it slopes in a little before going out. For example, when we had reached the top and were going over it, I couldn't see the track in front of us. It was below us somewhere, out of view.




Don't be fooled by this picture!! The slope is more intense than it looks








I hope to return to Tokyo Dome next year.

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember so many signs also in English last time I was there, I also didn't visit the Tokyo dome, but some to the places you are visiting I kinda of remember! what memories!

    ReplyDelete