Monday, December 9, 2013

Daily Life

I was going to make a post like this last month. I'm a little late.
This is just to show what an average weekday is like, on which I go to campus for class. Actually, maybe this will be really boring. Well, I took pictures for this so I'm making this post anyway. Also, I took pictures on different days so that's why the lighting from the sun is different.
This isn't even what my daily life is like anymore because the semester is nearly over. The official final exam week starts today. I don't have school days anymore.

I wake up here


In my first several weeks here I always ate fruit for breakfast. Sometime in October perhaps I switched to toast. I never eat toast at home because I don't really like it at all, but here it's fine. I usually toast it and then add butter.


いってきます




upon leaving the gate of the seminar house


looking back at the dorm building


Shortly after leaving the gate and turning right, I turn left here. There's a park to the right, and a library is over there in that direction too. The way I go when turning left is a shortcut, which everyone who lives in seminar houses 1 - 3 takes.


right after I turn it goes uphill a little bit


along the way... more pictures are here


I pass this at some point


almost there!


The shortcut street ends when it meets this busy street. I have to cross this street


There's a crosswalk towards the right


Once I'm on the other side I continue to the left


There's this big Komatsu plant to the right of the east gate of campus



After having crossed the street it's not far to the east gate


The east gate is at this terribly designed 5-way intersection


on the right


This may be the east gate, but even though I've reached it, it's still quite a way to the campus area and the academic buildings


I thought this road went on forever the first time I went to campus. This is looking back after having entered through the east gate. You can't see it anymore


keep going forward


up this little hill


turn left



this is where I park!


I took these pictures on a weekend so the bike parking lot was really empty



Normally, it looks like this. It wasn't very full or crowded when I took these pictures. It can be a lot worse. Sometimes there's no space, so bikes are everywhere, such as lining the fence and added on at the ends of rows



At the other end of the bike parking lot. Still going forward


This is where I turn right


I have to walk around this building. Everyone goes to the left


The CIE! Everyone starts out their day here because all exchange students have a Japanese speaking class sometime in the morning from Monday to Friday. This is also where we go to check our mailboxes, use computers, ask questions or for help, and so on. The Asian Studies Program teachers' offices are located in this building, as is a large lounge for students



when facing away from the CIE


a look to the right


a look to the left. The main gate is down there, and that's also where you go to get to the train station


the CIE again





That building on the left is the CIE


down there to the right is where the main gate is located


the CIE in the center



This shows the pathway from the east gate starting at the hill (bottom left corner) to east bicycle parking 2.


Here you can see the way from east bicycle parking 2 (bottom left) to the Center for International Education (CIE), which is building number 3 (top right).


Now I'm leaving campus. This is right after passing the bike parking lot and heading back to the east gate


down the hill


This is at the mouth of the shortcut. I arrive at a park if I go to the left


I have to turn right to go to seminar houses 2 and 3


SH2 is on the left and SH3 is on the right


ただいま



This is how uneventful my life is.

I think it takes about 10 to 15 minutes to bike to school.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing, that's quite a ride to school - good daily exercise too - I find this not boring at all but very interesting to see how the area, buildings, street, etc. looks compared to what I am use to.

    ReplyDelete