Thursday, December 12, 2013

神戸 / Kobe

I went to Kobe last weekend!


I can't go to Kobe without eating Kobe beef! There are different grades, which is reflected by the price. I've heard of Kobe beef being sold for around $200. I find that price ridiculous for a piece of meat. Typically the cheapest Kobe beef you can find costs around $50. Kobe beef is specially certified. It's a delicacy.





It was a fairly fancy meal. The people in the restaurant really pay attention to you and attend to you







It was delicious!!! The whole meal was fantastic. I never eat salad but the bowl of salad I ate here tasted great, as did the other little sides. I didn't take many pictures, but after we ate we also received a nice desert and tea. Kobe beef tastes awesome.

Next, we went to an onsen, which is hot springs.



a free foot bath


This is one of the onsens in Kobe. It's a public bath house that has "gold water". The minerals in the water are supposed to be good for muscles and skin.






Next, we walked to another one









This place has "silver water" which is supposed to be good for muscles and joints.


The water is very hot. It was nice, but after a few minutes I had to get out because the water was too hot for me. It gets kind of hard to breathe, and my head kind of hurts. I'm not sure how to explain. It's nice but I couldn't stay in the water for long. I felt better several minutes after getting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment