Saturday, December 21, 2013

Extra Pictures From December

Here are pictures I took this month that didn't fit or belong in my other posts.

A few weeks ago I went to Panasonic. As part of their global initiative, they invited groups of exchange students to get a tour and socialize with young workers.






The types of things I can cook is limited, and I was getting tired of always eating the same food. I saw my friend making fried rice one day and I thought it was a great idea so I decided to try doing it too. I'm not sure if I actually fried the rice, but it tasted good!




I never eat fast food at home, and it never occurred to me that Mos Burger is fast food, but I think they taste great


I bought a hat. I rarely wear hats but I noticed that my ears and head often feel cold outside


I bought more cute things


I ate more than 6 kg of rice this semester. I know that because I buy these


I became a fan of toast


My friends and I went to Mister Donut!





I wrote about it here. The futons keep piling up, indicating that someone moved out. My floor always had the most. On Wednesday I saw nine. Today all the futons had disappeared from the floors.
I think it was on Tuesday already that people started moving in! I wasn't expecting that at all. I was accustomed to the seminar house emptying out. The last thing I expected was for people to start moving in already. Only students who are staying for the fall and spring semesters can apply to live here during the break. Out of the people who have moved in that I met, they had done homestays (no one can have a host family during winter break, only during the semester) and I recognized them from campus.


This was after Wednesday's concert. The train station was incredibly crowded! It was crazy. The entire platform was packed with people. When a train arrived, I couldn't even move. I was just stuck in this massive mob of people who crammed themselves onto the train. I've never experienced anything like it, not even during rush hour on weekdays in Seoul. I was pressed and shoved and couldn't move anywhere on my own. Luckily it was only a short time before I had to transfer. Even getting out of the train was difficult because there were too many people, and again everyone was pushing and shoving.


I avoided this after the concert on Tuesday night and I'm not sure how. After Tuesday's concert I hung around and bought a snack at a food stand. By the time I got to the platform that night it was fairly empty.
Everyone uses public transportation, and when a concert ends you suddenly have thousands of people in one place who need to get home.

Machines like this are not uncommon. You insert money and then push the button for the food you'd like. A ticket comes out which you hand to someone at the counter. Then they prepare your food. That's how you order.



No comments:

Post a Comment