Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pictures: From October

Random pictures I've taken this month.

I made my own pancakes by myself for the first time


food






I bought this calendar. There are tons of adorable calendars to buy here. They're so cute!!!


I received mail from my parents ^_^ thank you


my room


All of the bedrooms in the seminar houses have futons and tatami mats. Almost every room is for two people, though each seminar house has a couple singles (RAs have their own rooms and sometimes people's roommates move out, leaving someone with their own room then).
In my experience, most Japanese homes only have one tatami room, if any. None of the Japanese students I know sleep on futons. That's what grandparents do.
I guess in a way our rooms are more Japanese than those of many Japanese people. I like it. I don't mind the tatami at all and I love my comfortable futon.
I'll also add that our room is emptier than those of my friends. That's because their rooms are messy.



Hello Kitty noodles


Last week I saw that the tea bottles look different. They have characters on them now! Milk tea tastes the best.



This is a bus for young Japanese children, to bring them to school or pre-school I assume. I've seen it a few times, and luckily my friend was able to photograph it.


One thing about Japan, which is not that uncommon in countries where English is not spoken or is not an official language, is that there are random English words everywhere. You can see English words and phrases on just about anything: clothing, food packaging, pens, covers of notebooks, even on plastic hangers for laundry. What stands out is that the English is often random and therefore seems odd or stupid. When it comes to sentences and phrases, the English is almost always incorrect.
I have a few examples of clothing with weird English on them. I'll point out though that my examples are very limited. I've seen a ton of hats and shirts with English on them that I'd never want to wear in the U.S.




I did find this, for Halloween ^^



I haven't posted any links to articles or news on this blog I think, and I do have a few I may put up eventually, but I'm not certain I'll actually do it. However, I wanted to share this:


Don't take this too seriously! I'm fine. It's not a big deal. Everything's ok.
I was annoyed and I felt like complaining so I made a post. If I were really having trouble I wouldn't be blogging about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment