Friday, October 25, 2013

Extension

Last week I submitted an extension application instead of a termination application.
Originally, I was going to spend one semester here in Japan at KGU. My plans have changed. I'm going to spend next year's spring semester here as well.

Instead of returning to the U.S. towards the end of December, I will go around the end of May.

Like I said, my intention was not to study abroad in Japan for a year. After high school, I knew I wanted to study abroad and I knew I wanted to go to South Korea. I decided to do one semester in Korea and one semester in Japan. I wanted to spend time living in these countries.

First of all, I'd like to add that this does not mean that I like my study abroad in Japan more than the one in Korea. They're both different and I love both of them for different reasons. I'm happy I could study abroad in Seoul and I'm happy to be in Japan.
While I was in Korea I had my doubts about leaving and going on to study abroad in Japan. It would have been nice to stay in Korea. But I stuck to my original plan and I'm so glad I did. I came to Japan. Going ahead and extending now is easier because I already have my study abroad in Korea behind me. If I had extended while in Korea, I would not have studied abroad in Japan. It doesn't matter if I extend now that I'm in Japan because after this I was simply going to go back to the U.S. You see what I mean?

I like studying abroad.

I want to stay here. I have friends, I like this program, and I'm comfortable here. Not to mention that the semester is flying by. I'm more than happy to double my time here.

I don't know what I'm going on about anymore...

Anyway, the point is, I'm staying in Japan for two semesters.

I should point out that I don't plan on staying in the seminar house during winter break (December 21 to January 25 mark the move out and move in dates). If you'd like to send me mail, please try to do it on time so that it arrives before December 21. Otherwise I assume the university will hang onto any mail for me until I return at the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment