Tuesday, October 15, 2013

広島 / Hiroshima

There's a class about peace and democracy in Asia and every semester there's a field trip to Hiroshima to visit the peace museum and listen to a speech that an atomic bomb survivor gives. This field trip is optional and anyone at our university is welcome to join. The only thing the teacher organizes is reserving tickets for the bullet train to Hiroshima and scheduling the speech. I signed up to join the group. All that means is that I signed up and paid to take the bullet train to Hiroshima with the group. Everything else is up to the students, including the return trip. Some of my friends and I decided to go to Hiroshima and spend the weekend there.

We met early on Saturday morning. I heard that this semester, 88 exchange students joined the Hiroshima trip.
This isn't my first time on a bullet train (shinkansen). It took less than an hour and a half to go from Osaka to Hiroshima. The seats had a ton of leg room, and on this train you can also easily turn a row of seats to make them face in the opposite direction.

















No comments:

Post a Comment