Sunday, May 11, 2014

Other Pictures (5)

Hi

The weather in Japan is beautiful. It's rather warm, and this week I realized that flowers had started to bloom all over campus






I really like the donuts at Mister Donut. I always associated this brand with Japan, but it actually started out in the U.S., as described on the bag. I think Mister Donut is pretty Japanese now. I've only ever seen Mister Donut stores in Japan and South Korea, and I'm convinced they don't exist in the U.S.




Posters to remind exchange students of the completion ceremony are around the CIE (Center for International Education)


the view of a main part of campus from the top floor of the CIE



food



parfaits and pancakes




It's already that time of year... I was surprised to see these boxes in the kitchen this morning.


The semester is undoubtedly winding down. We only have one full week of classes left, and after that it will be finals week. The official last day of the semester is on May 23 (though I imagine most exchange students will be finished with exams before then), and the completion ceremony will take place on May 24. That's in less than two weeks. People can start moving out or going home around that time. Students must move out of the seminar houses before 5 PM on May 31, which is the absolute last day you can be there, and many will move out earlier, between May 24 and May 31. Some people are going to travel more, others will return home, but by the end of May almost all exchange students will have left this city. In three weeks I will be at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment