Thursday, May 29, 2014

In Japan

A review and overlook.

Previously while in Japan, before I arrived here in August to study abroad, I had several experiences, including:
  • going to a sumo wrestling tournament
  • driving up Mt. Fuji and standing on it
  • doing a homestay with a Japanese family
  • going to a Toyota museum and inside a car factory
Overall, I've been to various Japanese cities, including:
  • Nagoya
  • Kyoto
  • Osaka
  • Nara
  • Hiroshima
  • Kobe
  • Tokyo
  • Yokohama
  • Naha
I've eaten Kobe beef, been to Miyajima, bought a bicycle, saw the deer in Nara, met an atomic bomb survivor, went to a Takarazuka performance, and visited Okinawa.

I've taken a shinkansen three times:
  • from Nagoya to Tokyo in August 2010
  • from Osaka to Hiroshima in October 2013
  • from Osaka to Tokyo in March 2014
I seriously considered traveling up north to Hokkaido this semester, but decided against it. I don't have much time to travel since I'm a student, and I'd rather spend time with the friends I have here than go to Hokkaido by myself just for the hell of it. Besides, I can always come back to Japan in the future and perhaps visit Sapporo then. I also wouldn't mind seeing Kumamoto Castle or checking out Fukuoka, which are on Kyushu. I also want to go to the Studio Ghibli museum. Maybe I'll even travel around northern Honshu someday.
I don't have to do everything during my study abroad time here.
Overall, I'm satisfied. Coming here was a great decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment