Saturday, January 25, 2014

Return

I returned to Hirakata today. I'm back at the seminar house. After five weeks, I'm here again... It's a little weird. A lot of new people have been arriving throughout the day.

I was really excited earlier in the day. I went shopping today and did laundry and took care of some other things. I got all my stuff out of storage but I have yet to unpack. I don't want to deal with that yet.

Oh, two things!!
I moved out for the winter break, but this program put me back into my room! I'm going to live in the same exact room from now on that I lived in for the fall semester. I don't mind at all. I like my room's location.
Since it's orientation week, everyone can expect to live in a temporary triple. The third person has to live here for this week and then they'll move out next weekend to go to a host family or their own off campus accommodation. However, there won't be a third person living in my room this week. I won't be in a triple!
I haven't met my roommate yet. She arrived at some point today, after I got there.

Most students should be here by Tuesday. They'll be arriving over the next few days. There's a busy schedule full of orientation programs, such as introductions, campus tours, opening a bank account, and other sessions. As an extension student I can skip all of those, which means I have the week off. The first day of classes will be on Monday, February 3.

Being back at the seminar house during orientation week means that my internet connection will be terrible. It was horrendous at the beginning of last semester. It will get better, but it should take a while, like a couple weeks maybe. I find this really frustrating. I'm relying on my friend's pocket WiFi right now. Anyway, I know I'm behind on blogging but I'll try to update throughout this week. The problem is, I may not have a reliable connection or access to the internet at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment