Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Eve

It's been 2014 in Japan for more than 12 hours already. Half the day is over.

For new year's eve I went to Meiji Shrine! It's a popular destination for new year's.

At first I thought it wasn't that cold, but it wasn't long before my feet felt freezing cold. It hurt! I only stood outside for about two hours. We were waiting in a crowd to get up to a building at the shrine. The police was everywhere, although it wasn't horribly busy or crowded at all, and everything was impeccably organized.
Once we left the shrine I was walking strangely because my feet hurt from the cold. They're all better now. The trains were running all night, but apparently there weren't many of them because I spent a long time waiting for trains and subways to arrive. It took a while to get home.
I wasn't excited about the new year at all, and it didn't feel special. Now that I think about it though, 2013 was a remarkable year and I'm so lucky to have been able to do all the things I did. For me, 2013 is defined by study abroad. Studying abroad is the best thing I could have done, and everything worked out well in terms of timing. I'm really happy I could do all this.







Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment