Sunday, November 10, 2013

京都 (3)

I'm back in Japan.
Since we've been going to Osaka a lot lately and since we hadn't been to Kyoto in a while, my friends and I decided to go to Kyoto this weekend.

In the train station, there were people raising awareness about fire safety


In Japan, there are cute mascots for everything


I got all these things for free! Tissues, zip-loc bags, and a sponge


It's not uncommon for people to hand out free tissue packs


In Kyoto!








parfaits :)




plastic food displays look quite realistic











































We did a lot of walking.

I only see Japanese people wearing yukata once in a while, but I always see people walking around in yukata when I go to Kyoto. Usually it's women. I think groups of friends come to Kyoto and wear yukata because it's traditional clothing and Kyoto is an old city full of traditional things.

I also spotted maiko this time, or at least people who look like maiko. There will be more pictures in the next few posts.

Speaking of pictures, I can't help but think I take way too many. I always end up with a million pictures, many of them unnecessary. I was looking at my Korea blog and it too is terribly image heavy. Perhaps I can limit the number of pictures I take and post. Interestingly, the reason I end up taking so many pictures in the first place is for my blog, so that I can share some of the things that I see. I'm not entirely sure what to do. It just seems like way too many, but it's not always easy to limit them.

1 comment:

  1. Ich habe deine Fotos schon sehr vermisst. Liebe Grüsse

    ReplyDelete